Monday - Friday
8am - 6pm
For uninterrupted deep and restful sleep
Are you one of those people who simply cannot sleep well? Is your sleep shallow and restless? Do you wake up for hours in the night, unable to fall back asleep?
More than 125 million Americans report that they wake up feeling exhausted. Researchers have identified lack of deep sleep as a cause of serious disorders ranging from diabetes to depression. Loss of sleep takes a huge toll on the job and at home. And sleep problems tend to get worse, not better, with age.
Try Deep Rest to support sleeping deeply through the night. This herbal formula is especially targeted for those who have difficulty staying asleep, waking up in the middle of the night. But it also helps those who have difficulty falling asleep and those who awaken early in the morning after less than six hours of sleep. The herbs in Deep Rest help you to sleep deeply throughout the night — and wake up feeling refreshed, ready to take on the day.
Tips for Sleeping Through the Night
- Use Slumber Time Therapeutic Aroma or other mind-settling aroma oils or music to calm your mind and body before bed.
- Exercise daily to help promote deep sleep, but avoid exercising 1-2 hours before going to bed.
- Give yourself a warm aroma oil massage (abhyanga) and a warm bath right before bed.
- Avoid eating large meals and heavy, oily food
- Avoid eating spicy foods.
- Eat more sweet, juicy fruits, semi-liquid foods and unctuous foods.
- Avoid lengthy fasting and skipping of meals.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks, as these may also disturb your night’s sleep.
- Avoid caffeine in your diet (found in coffee, tea, cocoa, and sodas), especially in the afternoon or evening.
- Make sure you have a comfortable bed. Your bedroom should be well-ventilated, cool, and as dark
and quiet as possible.
- Eat enough dinner so you don’t wake up hungry.
- Try drinking a milk-date or mango shake a few hours before bed to reduce the mind-body principle known as Pitta.
- Before bed, massage your feet with Cool Sensation Massage Oil.
- Drink a cup of soothing herbal tea before bed. Try Vata Tea, Pitta Tea or Slumber Time Tea.
- If you wake up in the night, have a snack of 1/2 cup of warm milk with 1 teaspoon Organic Rose Petal Spread.
- Stop working or reading in your bed. Reserve your bed for sleep.
- For free ayurvedic recipes, self-care guides, podcasts and newsletters, be sure to visit www.mapi.com.
“For 20 years I have awakened in the middle of the night and lay awake for hours. I started taking Deep Rest an hour or so before going to bed. For me it was necessary to eat a light dinner and take the tablets an hour after my evening meal. Within 2 weeks I would wake lightly, turn over and go back to sleep. In the morning I woke up fresh, full of energy. My sleep problem is now just a memory.” — D.T., Fairfield, IA
For uninterrupted deep
and restful sleep
The herbs in Deep Rest support the overall quality of your sleep while helping to balance the mind, body and emotions. The result is a normal, refreshing sleep. No more waking up night after night in the early hours and not being able to get back to sleep.
Indian Valerian, Jatamansi, Dwarf Morning Glory, Ashwagandha, Licorice, Pearl, Mica, Indian Tinospora, Amla, Clove, Long Pepper, Ginger, Heart-leaf Sida, Pepper, Shatavari, Cardamom, Cabbage Rose, Cinnamon, Arjuna, Marshmallow
Take 1-2 tablets with warm water or milk, preferably 1-2 hours before bedtime.
How Deep Rest Promotes Uninterrupted Sleep
- Helps to bring on normal sleep
- Supports the quality of sleep
- Addresses the effects of prolonged sleep problems
- Helps balance and calm the mind, senses and nervous system