According to Ayurveda, consistent, gentle detox with the help of teas, spices, and herbs is a recipe for good health. Ama Pachana means to purify ama (toxins). Sipping this simple hot spice water drink helps flush toxins from the body, while enhancing digestion.
Prepare a large batch of this spice water recipe in the morning, and transfer it to a thermos to keep it warm and carry with you for easy sipping throughout the day.
- Two quarts purified water
- Two to three thin slices of fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Two black peppercorns
- Two mint leaves
- Bring two quarts of fresh water and the spices to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain spices out of the tea (or use a tea strainer). Pour into a thermos (or insulated container) to keep the tea warm. Sip throughout the day.
For more on the power of Ayurvedic detox, check out Taking Care of Toxins: Detoxification with Maharishi Ayurveda.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.