Why we love this recipe
Transform Amrit Nectar—our best-selling, full-spectrum super antioxidant paste—into a tasty, tridoshic tonic! This time-honored Ayurvedic rasayana is a potent blend of 42 synergistic herbs like vitamin C-rich amla, brain-nourishing gotu kola, stress-reducing ashwagandha, and other botanicals that strengthen immunity, vitality, longevity, and much more. Ghee, raw honey, and organic sugar cane present in the paste act as carriers to increase bioavailability, while adding a creamy consistency and sweet-tart flavor. If desired, a pinch of cinnamon or cardamom adds a hint of warm, sweet spice to this power-packed antioxidant elixir.
Enjoy an Amrit Nectar Tonic before bed, and upon rising for the ultimate rejuvenation tonic to deeply nourish and strengthen your body and mind.
YIELDS: 1 SERVING
- 1 cup organic cow’s milk (or 1 cup almond milk)
- 1 rounded teaspoon Amrit Nectar Paste
- Optional: pinch cinnamon or cardamom
- Gently warm milk of choice in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- When comfortably warm to the touch (not hot)*, add Amrit Nectar Paste, and optional spices.
- Whisk well to remove clumps.
- Pour into your favorite mug, sip, and savor a cup full of nourishing antioxidants!
Amrit Nectar Paste contains honey. According to Ayurveda, heating honey to high temperatures renders it toxic. Add honey only to gently warmed beverages, or after your beverage has come down to a comfortable drinking temperature.
Taste Notes: Creamy, sweet-tart, herbaceous, and warm spice.