Why We Love This Recipe
This is a simple recipe using the remarkable coriander leaf (cilantro). It is not only delicious, but it is a safe way to begin purifying deep toxins (known as garavisha) from the body. You can eat cilantro chutney with holy basil (tulsi) as an addition to your diet. The cilantro is said to help remove heavy metals, and the holy basil is helpful in eliminating two particular kinds of toxins recognized by ayurveda — amavisha and garavisha. If you grow it in your home, it helps purify the air as well. It grows easily in most spring-summer north American climates.
- 8 teaspoons of chopped organic cilantro leaf
- 1 teaspoon of shredded organic ginger
- ½ teaspoon of organic lime or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of chopped holy basil leaf
- A little water to blend
- Mix all ingredients and blend together to a thin paste. Add salt to taste.
- You can use this chutney with cooked veggies, rice and other grains and flatbreads (chapatis).
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.