Here's a healthful recipe for carrot and orange salad. According to ayurveda, you should eat as many fresh, home-prepared meals as possible to promote good health and longevity.
- 1 pound of carrots, finely grated
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of ginger preserve
- Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut away the peel, white pith and outer membrane from ONE orange. To separate the segments from the inner membranes, slice down to the core with a sharp knife on either side of the segment and set the segments aside.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of the peel of the second orange and squeeze the juice out of the whole orange. Whisk peel, orange juice and ginger preserve together in the bowl. Add carrots and mix well.
- Add the orange segments and the dill, and gently toss the salad.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.