Yields 14 - 16 muffins
- 2 cups of unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of raw or packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup of buttermilk
- ¾ cup of water
- ¼ cup of melted ghee, butter, or oil
- 1 cup of chopped cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Prepare 14 - 16 muffin cups.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the buttermilk, water, and oil and add the dry ingredients. Add the berries. Beat until just barely mixed, about 15 strokes.
- Pour into the muffin cups. Bake until nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
Recipe is reprinted with permission from Heaven's Banquet, by Miriam Kasin Hospodar. April 2000
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.