Why We Love This Recipe
This sweet, frothy date shake makes a great breakfast or a healthy afternoon pick-me-up snack. It’s chock-full of dates, which are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and help to promote ojas, or vitality. It takes just a few minutes to prepare. You can use organic whole milk or almond milk.
- 4-5 whole dates (Medjool variety or similar is best)
- 1 cup whole organic milk (preferably not homogenized)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Put milk, cinnamon and dates in an automatic blender.
- Blend until dates are ground fine.
- Serve warm in winter, room temperature or slightly cool (not cold) in summer or if a strong Pitta imbalance exists.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.