- 1½ pounds of fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- One pinch nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ pound of paneer or ricotta
- 1 cup of ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of ghee or butter
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- Lightly steam spinach. Drain. Mix in spices, flour, crumbled paneer, half of the walnut mixture and the egg substitute.
- Form into balls and roll in flour. Drop into boiling salted water and cook 3-4 minutes without letting water come to a boil.
- Remove with a slotted spoon. Pour melted butter and the remainder of walnuts over the spinach balls. Serve over rice.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.