- 1 carrot chopped in ½-inch pieces
- 2 sticks of celery chopped in ½-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- ½ teaspoon ajwain seeds (available at Indian grocery stores)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cups fresh mung sprouts
- 3 cups fresh lentil sprouts or other sprouts of your choice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stainless steel soup pot, melt the ghee. Add mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add the cumin and ajwain seeds.
- After one minute add the fresh ginger, celery, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes and then add the sprouts.
- Stir and cook for several minutes. Then add the vegetable stock and tomatoes.
- Slowly bring to a boil and then back to a slow rolling boil. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Purée in a blender and garnish with fresh sprouts.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.