Serve this spiced yogurt delicacy at brunch. Its medley of textures and flavors combines well with rice dishes or pita bread.
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and diced into cubes
- ½ cup shredded carrots, steamed for 3-4 minutes
- 4 cups fresh yogurt
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- 2 teaspoons Organic Vata Churna
- 1 teaspoon black or brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ cup water
- Blend the cashew pieces with the water to form a watery but smooth paste.
- Whisk together the yogurt, cashew paste, minced ginger, and Organic Vata Churna.
- Add the garbanzos, potatoes and carrots, and mix gently.
- Heat ghee; toss in mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start popping, remove from heat and pour the ghee and the mustard seeds on the yogurt mixture.
- Mix well. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.