- 1 pound green beans, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or organic cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons room-temperature water
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped leeks
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 can of coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Steam the green beans until soft but still bright green.
- While the beans are steaming, prepare the arrowroot by stirring it into the room-temperature water until completely dissolved.
- In a sauté pan or wok, melt the ghee and add the mustard seeds.
- Once they start to pop like popcorn, add the leeks and freshly-ground pepper and sauté until the leeks are soft.
- Add turmeric and salt and stir. Add the tomatoes and stir. Add the green beans and stir. Stir again.
- Add the coconut milk with the arrowroot-water mixture and stir again.
- Turn the heat off and add the freshly-chopped cilantro and stir.
- Serve this colorful dish warm.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.