- 4 cups of fresh tomatoes, blended
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 cloves
- 4 to 5 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt
- ½ cup of cashews (ground in coffee grinder or blender)
- ¼ cup of freshly-chopped cilantro
- Brown sugar
- 3 cups of hot water
- Add ghee to saucepan and heat on medium flame.
- Add raisins for 30 seconds, then remove raisins from ghee and keep separate.
- To the ghee, add cumin seeds until brown.
- Add grated ginger, bay leaves, asafoetida, turmeric, garam masala, and stir a few times.
- Add blended tomatoes and salt. Stir and cover. Keep on medium flame, and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, while stirring, add raisins, ground cashews, and sugar.
- Slowly pour in the 3 cups of hot water and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Add fried balls, stir, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Turn off flame, and garnish with freshly-chopped cilantro leaves.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.