- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup ghee with lemon, dill and thyme
- 1 cup of couscous
- ¼ cup of slivered sun-dried tomatoes (preferably not oil-packed)
- 1 cup of green beans cut into ½" pieces
- ⅓ cup of toasted almonds or pistachios
- ½ cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup of sliced kalamata or black olives
- Bring the broth and salt to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a 1½ quart saucepan. Add the couscous and sauté for 2 minutes on a low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the broth into the couscous. Add the green beans and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir, cover, and simmer on a low heat until all the broth is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5–10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for a minute or two to complete the cooking process.
- Fold in the nuts, parsley and olives.
Recipe is reprinted with permission from Heaven's Banquet, by Miriam Kasin Hospodar. April 2000
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.