Serves 4 as a side and 2 as a main dish
- 2 cups of mixed prepared vegetables (such as shelled peas; small broccoli or cauliflower florets; diced potatoes, zucchini or carrots; or cut green beans)
- 1½ cups of puréed tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a large pan. Add ginger and dry spices, and stir to release aromas.
- Immediately add the vegetables; sauté for 3-4 minutes, coating vegetables with the spice-laden ghee.
- Add the water, cover and cook until vegetables are nearly done.
- Add puréed tomatoes and salt, stir and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in the cream, top with chopped cilantro and serve with rice or bread.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.