Why We Love This Recipe
When you're looking for an easy to digest meal that quickly transforms into nourishing energy, try this simple soup. This meal is great on days when your digestion is a bit sluggish, feels delicate, or when your energy is low. Drinking this dahl like a soup will infuse more fire, air and ether into your diet, thus reducing Kapha.
This classic mung dahl tastes wonderful! It's made from split mung beans, which can be found at many natural, whole food grocers and most Asian markets. Split mung beans are balancing to all three doshas, the most easily digestible legumes available, and they cook quickly. Easy to make and easy to digest: win, win!
- ½ cup of split yellow mung dahl
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Vata Churna, Organic Pitta Churna or Organic Kapha Churna
- Heat dahl (dry) in a skillet for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Boil water separately. Add dahl, and stir briefly.
- Boil about 20 minutes, until the dahl is tender — soft.
- Season with the churna of your choice.
- In a separate pan heat ghee. Add all seasonings and stir until they give a sudden burst of aroma.
- Then pour over the dahl, stir once and cover immediately.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes to absorb.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.