Here's a delicious way to serve okra — with a sauce made with almonds, coconut and Organic Pitta Churna (a spice mixture available from Maharishi AyurVeda).
- 1 lb. of okra
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. Organic Pitta Churna
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- Cut off the ends of the okra and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Bake the okra in a lightly-greased pan with the water at 350 °F, covered.
- Toast nuts and coconut for 3 minutes, add yogurt and mix in the Organic Pitta Churna and salt.
- Remove okra from the oven and mix gently with the sauce and serve. Enjoy!
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.