- 2 handfuls of golden raisins
- 2 handfuls of organic cashews
- ¼ cup of ghee
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Rose Water
- 1 cup of farina (Cream of Wheat)
- 1 cup of sugar
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Melt a teaspoon of ghee in a small frying pan and brown the raisins and cashews on medium heat. Set aside.
- Boil 1½ cups of water and set aside. When cool, add 1 tablespoon of rose water. If the rose water is not Maharishi AyurVeda Rose Water, make sure it is food grade, without synthetic ingredients or alcohol added.
- In a large saucepan, mix the farina and ghee together and stir on medium heat until light brown spots appear. This usually takes 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom and stir.
- Add the water and the raisin/cashew mix that was set aside and stir.
- It's important to keep stirring over medium heat to avoid lumpiness. Stir until the mixture becomes solid, usually about one minute.
- Pour the mixture in a buttered 8-inch square cake pan, pressing it flat. After it cools, cut it into squares or diamonds and serve.
Keep on topic
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.