Why We Love This Recipe
This exotic main dish will please the eyes as well as the palate. Pomegranate is the most Pitta-pacifying of all foods, and when puréed with mango and drizzled on fresh cheese squares, it creates a delicious and nutritious protein dish that feels light on the stomach in summer.
- 10 ounces or 2 cups of fresh paneer
- ½ cup of fresh mango or mango purée
- ½ cup of freshly-made yogurt
- ¼-inch section of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1-2 teaspoons of agave syrup (sweeten to taste)
- 3 tablespoons of pomegranate juice
- Fresh-squeezed juice of ¼ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of cardamom
- Salt to taste
- A couple of sprigs of mint
- Combine all ingredients but the paneer and mint in a blender and blend until smooth. Place on a baking sheet or inside a baking pan.
- Cover the paneer with the Mango-Pomegranate Purée.
- Bake for ten minutes at 400 °F. (For convection ovens, bake at 350 °F for ten minutes.)
- The baking will allow the paneer to soften and absorb the flavors of the purée.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve warm.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.