Why we love this recipe
You can use pomegranate as a spice on one food at every meal. Pomegranate:
- Aids digestion without aggravating Pitta
- Improves regularity of elimination
- Helps control stomach acid
- Helps decrease digestive gas
Tip: For grinding the pomegranate seeds, you will need a large grinder that can handle wet as well as dry herbs (you can find one at a gourmet cooking store).
- 8 teaspoons of dried pomegranate seeds
- 2 teaspoons of rock salt (or some natural salt)
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon of citric acid (or dried lemon juice)
- 2-5 teaspoons of pure cane sugar (Sucanat or Florida Crystals are good)
- Grind and powder all herbs and seeds separately.
- Mix the first two herbs together.
- Add one herb at a time, mixing well before adding another.
- Produces a powdered mixture.
- Store in an airtight container, for up to a month.
Discover more of our Ayurvedic recipes.
© 1999, 2023 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.