Why We Love This Recipe
Sweet and lightly spiced, this Pumpkin Spice Chai recipe calls for puréed pumpkin, which is rich in nutrients and very balancing for Vata dosha. Perfect for those chilly autumn days, it’s quite possibly the tastiest thing you’ll drink this fall!
Made with creamy coconut milk, puréed pumpkin, and spices known in Ayurveda for their warming, grounding properties, this Pumpkin Spice Chai recipe nurtures mind, body, and spirit. It also includes our signature Organic Vata Tea blend, which helps calm the mind and body. Best of all: it’s caffeine-free, so you can sip it anytime and still enjoy sweet dreams.
- For a sweeter flavor, 4 Organic Vata Tea bags;
- Or for a spicy flavor, 4 Organic Kapha Tea bags;
- Or for a more traditional flavor, a Chai Tea of your choice.
- 2 cups of puréed cooked pumpkin
- 1 can of organic coconut milk (full-fat or light)
- ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- Add tea bags to 4 cups of boiled water; steep well.
- Separately, on the stovetop combine pumpkin, coconut milk and spices in a medium saucepan; heat thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture and tea to cool and combine into a blender; mix well.
- Return to the saucepan and heat again before serving.
- Sweeten to taste.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.