Why We Love This Recipe
This Quinoa Chickpea cooked salad is especially good during the spring Kapha season, as it is balancing for Kapha. Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are sweet and cooling, and relieve both Pitta and Kapha. Quinoa is an excellent source of protein and is considered balancing to all three doshas. Those trying to balance Vata may try seasoning this salad recipe with a little ghee and Organic Vata Churna.
- ¼ cup of quinoa or other grain
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- ½ cup of organic corn kernels
- ½ cup of organic green peas
- 1 tablespoon of red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse ¼ cup of quinoa well; place it in a pot with 1 cup of water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Cook and drain the chickpeas, and bring to room temperature.
- Lightly steam corn kernels and green peas.
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl, except lime juice and olive oil. Mix the oil and lime juice, pour over salad and toss.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.