Why We Love This Recipe
A healthy and hearty variation of the American burger, the Quinoa Paneer Burger is packed with protein and fiber. Quinoa is a seed that provides an excellent source of protein, and it's balancing for all of the doshas. Paneer is a traditional Indian favorite made from fresh milk solids; it is easy to digest, high in protein and life-supporting, or "sattvic." Follow this simple recipe and then get creative with your burger toppings!
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Vata Churna
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced 6 oz. grated paneer (Fresh Paneer recipe)
- ⅓ cup of minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash quinoa thoroughly, add water and bring to a boil. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, then cool.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet. Add Organic Vata Churna, carrot and celery and sauté over low heat until tender.
- Mix the sautéed vegetables, quinoa, paneer, parsley, almond butter and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into burgers and fry them in ghee on both sides until they are brown.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.