- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 cup of quinoa (try red, white, or a mixture of the two for a festive look)
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of water
- Heat the ghee in a two-quart cooking pan.
- Roast the fennel seeds and raisins in the ghee until the raisins start to look slightly golden.
- Add the quinoa and sauté seeds over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and water and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to simmer and cover pan with a lid.
- Cook until the water is gone, about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy the subtle combination of sweet and salty — and the added protein found in this ancient grain.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.