Forget the olive oil and rosemary — try the unique flavor of roasted cumin in delicious ghee!
- 4 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of coarsely-ground roasted cumin
- ½ teaspoon of freshly-ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the cumin in a small pan on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally.
- As soon as the spice starts releasing its fragrance, remove the pan from heat — the seeds will burn quickly!
- For the best aroma, roast and grind fresh each time you need some.
- Gently melt the ghee until it's a golden oil. Blend in the other ingredients.
- Serve with wedges of warm crusty bread.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.