Have hot summer days and nights got you craving cooling, calming foods and drinks to pacify Pitta dosha? Whip up this creamy latte featuring Shatavari Ghee—an herbal ghee preparation purposefully paired to amplify the bioavailability of the herb. Shatavari—a celebrated, traditional Ayurvedic women’s health tonic—rejuvenates the female reproductive system, supports a smooth cycle, and helps to harmonize hormones. Cooling coconut and refreshing rose water help to balance Pitta dosha while uplifting the heart and emotions. Cardamom is an excellent digestive and pure, organic raw honey adds a rich, natural sweetness.
Enjoy this luscious latte as a nourishing nightcap year-round, or anytime you want to pause, pacify Pitta dosha, and restore your radiance and vitality!
Shatavari Ghee & Rose Latte
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened (or 1 cup full-fat organic cow’s milk)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Indian Shatavari Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Organic Rose Water (food grade)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 ½ teaspoons raw organic honey, or to taste
- Optional: edible rose petals (garnish)
- Slowly warm the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Shatavari Ghee, rose water, and cardamom and whisk until combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Once the mixture has cooled slightly (warm, but not hot to the touch), stir in the honey*.
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with optional edible rose petals to garnish.
*According to Ayurveda, heating honey to high temperatures renders it toxic. Add honey only after your beverage/food has come down to a comfortable drinking/eating temperature.
Creamy, cooling, sweet spice, and faintly floral.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.