Why we love this recipe
According to Ayurvedic wisdom, the rose balances Sadhaka Pitta, the subdosha of Pitta that controls the emotions and their effect on the heart. Keeping Sadhaka Pitta in balance is particularly important during the hot summer months, when the humid weather increases all aspects of Pitta dosha — especially digestion.
The rose has a variety of Ayurvedic benefits, including:
- Balancing the mind
- Balancing hormones and overall well-being
- Enhancing coordination between Sadhaka Pitta and Prana Vata, the subdosha of Vata that governs the brain, mind, chest, respiration, and sensory perception
- Tri-doshic, being cooling yet supportive of agni (digestive fire)
Additionally, the Organic Rose Petal Spread in this recipe for sweet rose petal lassi helps to enliven the cell-regeneration process, especially in the reproductive (shukra) tissues. It also helps to cleanse the intestines and support regular elimination.
- ½ cup of fresh yogurt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Rose Petal Spread or 1 teaspoon of Organic Rose Water
- Sugar to taste
- 1 pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Discover more Ayurvedic recipes.
© 1999, 2023 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.