Why we love this recipe
Drinking Ayurvedic water with Vata-balancing herbs and spices is a fun and effective way to prime digestion, promote detoxification, and add flavor to water. By adding individual spices and herbs, you can customize a ‘tea’ for yourself that will be the most balancing for your body and mind. Make a large batch and sip it throughout the day for smart hydration—stopping by 5-6 p.m. to avoid late night trips to the bathroom!
- Two quarts of water
- ½ teaspoon of whole cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of whole coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 3 pinches of ashwagandha root powder
- 1 pinch whole-root licorice powder
- 3 mint leaves
- Boil water. Add spices and cover to steep.
- Pour it into your thermos and drink throughout the day. Drinking beverages at a warm temperature is best for Vata types.
Drinking warm tea with soothing spices is just one way to pacify Vata dosha. Curious what your dominant dosha is, and how to bring more balance to your body and mind? Take our free Dosha Quiz.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVedic Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.