- 1 cup of barley
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon of of fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons of red bell pepper in small slices
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Bring water to a boil. Add barley and reduce to low heat.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until water is cooked out.
- In a separate frying pan, heat olive oil.
- Add mustard seeds; when they begin to pop add cumin and fenugreek and cook for about one minute.
- Then add fresh ginger, turmeric and red pepper.
- After 3 minutes add the cooked barley. Cook for several minutes and garnish with parsley and basil.
- Add salt to taste.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.