Here's a delicious, healthy recipe for beet soup that your family will enjoy. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of eating as many fresh, home-cooked meals as possible to promote health and longevity.
- 2 cups of finely-sliced fresh beets cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon of minced parsley
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup of potato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of organic raw sugar
- 5 cups of water or vegetable broth
- Fresh yogurt for garnish
- Sauté onion in ghee for 5 minutes. Add water, beets, potato, carrot, and celery. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and bring heat to a medium low.
- Allow to cook for 45 minutes or until beets are tender but not overcooked.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir well. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream on top.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.