Tested and Safe
Our Commitment to Purity
Maharishi Ayurveda Products International
Maharishi Ayurveda USA uses only ingredients and herbal products that meet our rigorous standards for safety. We follow the traditional methods of Ayurveda while employing the highest standards of quality control. To ensure purity, Maharishi Ayurveda USA products are tested before, during and after manufacture and then tested again by an accredited independent analytical laboratory (that meets ISO 17025 standards), prior to distribution. MA/Veda herbs are tested once at our manufacturing facility.
These tests include examination for:
• Heavy metals (lead, arsenic, cadmium and mercury)
• Residual pesticides
• Microbiological contamination (including E. coli, coliforms, staph and salmonella)
MAPI’s products far exceed the standards set by:
• American Herbal Products Association (AHPA), which offers guidance that dietary supplements should not contain more than 6 micrograms per day of lead.
• The American National Standards Institute (ANSI), which specifies that dietary supplements should not contain more than 10 micrograms per day of lead. 1
Our manufacturing facilities carry multiple certifications including:
• ISO 22000 Certification - The ISO (International Organization for Standardization) - ISO is the world's largest developer and publisher of International Standards. Maharishi Ayurveda Products International meets the ISO’s stringent requirements for food safety.
• Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP & cGMP) Certification - Conducted by an independent panel of experts; certifies that Maharishi Ayurveda Products International products are “fault-free, safe and have consistent quality.”
As a leader in the global resurgence of Ayurveda, Maharishi Ayurveda USA embraces several guiding principles, including rigorous testing and a health model that supports balance in mind, body and spirit.
We take your health and well-being seriously. It is our highest priority and founding principle.
1 NSF International Standard/American National Standard #173 for Dietary Supplements. Ann Arbor, MI: NSF International.