Why we love this recipe
The popularity of avocado toast has boomed in recent years—and for good reason! It’s quick, convenient, and makes the perfect simple snack or light meal. This is just what’s called for when life gets busy, you’re feeling hangry, or you’re travelling without many fresh food options.
Is Avocado Toast Healthy?
Avocados are a good source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, and contain many vitamins and minerals.
Try the Ayurvedic take on avocado toast, with both a savory and sweet option to satisfy cravings and keep you feeling balanced and nourished.
YIELD: 1-2 SERVINGS
- 1-2 slices homemade or store bought whole-grain bread (gluten-free if desired)
- ½-1 just-ripe avocado (when pressed, a just-ripe avocado gives a little, but shouldn’t be mushy)
What to Put on Avocado Toast
Savory Toast Toppings
- Ayurvedic Cilantro Chutney, other savory chutney, or pesto
- Curry powder
- Pink Himalayan salt
Optional for Kapha:
Sweet Toast Toppings
- Sugar-free organic jam
How to Make Avocado Toast
- Toast bread in a toaster*, or in a pan with a bit of ghee.
- Slice the avocado and fan it out across the bread.
- Smash the avocado with a fork if desired.
Avocados are nutrient-dense, delicious, and travel-friendly when you’re on the move! Enjoy them on toast with toppings, or simply on their own.
*If traveling, skip the toasting part—it will still be delicious!
Savory Avocado Toast
For savory avocado toast, dollop some chutney or pesto on top, followed by a few shakes of curry powder and a pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
Sweet Avocado Toast
For sweet avocado toast, dollop some organic jam on top, followed by a drizzle of tahini for extra creaminess.
For more healthy food inspiration, visit our Ayurvedic recipe blog.