Why We Love This Recipe
Cumin and turmeric are powerful traditional Ayurvedic spices that help strengthen digestion and support removing toxins from the body. Fennel is a toner for the digestive system and provides a cooling influence for Pitta.
Coriander is a tridoshic spice (balancing to all 3 doshas) that supports a healthy response to allergens. Combined with ghee or oil, these spices are a healthy mix that can be used in sautés, drizzled over vegetables, or added to grains.
- 1 part turmeric
- 2 parts ground cumin
- 3 parts ground coriander
- 4 parts ground fennel
- A pinch of black pepper and ginger (if you are extremely sensitive to spice, these last two can be left out)
- Mix these spices together in bulk and store in a jar.
- When you are cooking a meal, place a small amount of ghee in a frying pan and heat on medium.
- Add detoxifying spice mixture, measuring out one teaspoon of spice mixture per serving of vegetables.
- Sauté spices until the aroma is released (but be careful not to burn).
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add steamed vegetables, mix lightly and sauté together for one minute. Or you can sauté the spice mixture in ghee and drizzle on vegetables or grains.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.