Here is a spice mixture for enhancing immunity.
- 6 parts turmeric
- 3 parts cumin
- 3 parts coriander
- 6 parts fennel
- 1 part powdered dry ginger
- 1 part black pepper
- ¼ part ground cinnamon
- Roast, or dry-fry, whole cumin, coriander, fennel and black pepper and then grind the mixture into a powder. Add turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
- Mix all the powdered spices well and store in an airtight container in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- For daily use, sauté one teaspoon of ghee, heating until you smell the aroma. Immediately remove the pan from the heat to avoid burning the spices.
- Sauté the spices in ghee and sprinkle or drizzle on vegetables, rice or other grains, or cook them in vegetables like a soup.
- Or add steamed vegetables to the spice mixture while still in the pan and stir.
- Or sprinkle them on your food if you eat your noon meal out. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This spice mixture should be used regularly to flavor one dish for the main meal of the day to boost immunity and enhance digestion.
Keep on topic
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.