- ¼ cup of ghee
- Pinch of hing (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 5 cups of potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ground fenugreek
- 1 cup of peas
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pot.
- Add the hing, ginger, and cumin seeds and sauté for 1 minute over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water, turmeric, fenugreek, peas, and a sprinkling of salt.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Adjust the salt.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve over rice or Indian flatbread.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.