Yields 1¾ cups
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the mustard seeds and sauté over low heat until they “dance.”
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée in the blender or food processor until smooth.
Recipe is reprinted with permission from Heaven's Banquet, by Miriam Kasin Hospodar. April 2000
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.