Why We Love This Recipe
After you have carved the pumpkin, bake the seeds! This healthy, grounding snack offers the Vata-pacifying influence of ghee and nourishing protein found in Pumpkin Seeds. Enjoy as an afternoon snack or pass out baggies full as a healthy alternative for Halloween trick-or-treaters.
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands, coating all of the seeds with ghee.
- Then place them on a baking tray into a preheated oven at 400 °F for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- For a lighter roast, remove the seeds when you first smell the aroma.
- For a darker roast, bake a little longer to light golden brown.
- Optionally, you can add ½ teaspoon of any one of the MAPI Organic Churnas — Vata, Pitta or Kapha — for a calming, cooling or stimulating effect.
Delicious Defense — Ayurvedic Summer Recipes
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.