Why We Love This Recipe
Drinking Ayurvedic water with Pitta-balancing herbs and spices has many benefits. Sweet spices like Indian sarsaparilla and fennel aid digestion without overheating the body, and cumin and coriander are an effective duo for encouraging detox for Pitta dosha.
By adding individual spices and herbs, you can customize a ‘tea’ for yourself that will be the most balancing for your body and mind. Make a large batch and sip it throughout the day for smart hydration—stopping by 5-6pm to avoid late night trips to the bathroom!
Balancing Herbal Water for Pitta Dosha
- 2 pinches of Indian sarsaparilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 pinches of licorice powder
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1 clove (Optional)
- 2 rosebuds (Optional)
- Boil water. Add spices and cover to steep. Pour it into your thermos and drink throughout the day.
- Let the water cool to room temperature before drinking.
Drinking tea with cooling, sweet herbs and spices is just one way to help balance Pitta dosha. Curious what your dominant dosha is, and how to bring more balance to your body and mind? Take the free MyVeda Dosha Quiz.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.