Why we love this recipe
Kapha-dominant types — who are prone to feeling cold, slow, and heavy — will benefit from the bitter, pungent, and astringent tastes in this herbal water recipe.
By adding individual spices and herbs, you can customize a ‘tea’ for yourself that will be the most balancing for your body and mind. Make a large batch and sip it throughout the day for smart hydration—stopping by 5-6 p.m. to avoid late night trips to the bathroom!
- 2 thin slices of fresh ginger root
- 3 holy basil leaves
- 2 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon of whole cumin seeds
- 2 pinches of licorice powder
- ½ teaspoon of fennel (optional)
- Boil water. Add spices and cover to steep.
- Pour it into your thermos and sip the water hot, during and after meals.
Discover more Ayurvedic recipes.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.