Organic Sesame Massage Oil
Daily ayurvedic self-massage (abhyanga)
Give your skin some love
Organic cured sesamum indicum (sesame) oil.
Keep your oil in a plastic squeeze bottle and warm it to slightly above body temperature by putting your bottle into a larger container of hot water for a few minutes. The massage should be done with the palm of your hand rather than the fingertips. Apply a small amount of warm oil to the hands and start by massaging the scalp briskly. Apply a thin film of oil to the rest of your body and then massage each part. The proper motion is up and down on the long bones and circular over the joints. A warm bath or shower is recommended after your oil massage. About 10-20 minutes is ideal for your massage each morning. However, it is better to do a very brief massage than to skip it altogether.
SAFETY NOTE: All oils are highly flammable. Be sure to observe proper safety precautions. Clothing, linens, towels, etc. that have absorbed oil should be laundered immediately, thoroughly and with special attention. Storing oily towels can result in spontaneous combustion/fire hazard. Automatic drying can overheat the oil residue in cloth and create a fire hazard. If machine drying, use low heat and remove as soon as dry.
- Key Ingredients
Our unrefined, extra-virgin Sesame Oil is processed without any harsh chemicals or salts and packaged in sustainable glass containers.
Our pure golden Sesame Oil is organic, extra-light, chemical-free and cold-pressed, allowing its chemical composition to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. USDA organic.
Three paths to ayurvedic wellness:
• Abhyanga - the art of ayurvedic massage. Practice abhyanga to increase circulation, loosen toxins and stimulate nerve endings. Abhyanga is balancing to all the doshas (vata, pitta and kapha), particularly vata. It creates a sense of calm that you can carry with you throughout your day.
• Nasya - apply a few drops of oil on the inside of each nostril and sniff, to lubricate and protect your nose and sinuses. Ideal for all seasons. Try our sinus specific nasya oil, Clear & Soothe.
• Oil pulling - swish 1 Tbsp. of oil in mouth for 2 minutes. This promotes healthy gums and teeth. Do not swallow. Rinse the mouth with warm water afterwards. Try adding pulling to your daily routine.
How to perform abhyanga
Warming your oil: Place a small amount of oil in a metal or glass container and warm it by placing in a larger container of hot water. If you are short on time, you can place a small amount of Sesame Oil in the palm of your hands and rub together vigorously to warm the oil.
For each point listed below, use a small amount of oil on the palm of your hand:
• Massage the face and outer part of the ears, using a circular or back-and-forth motion as is comfortable.
• Massage both the front and back of the neck and the upper part of the spine.
• Massage the arms, using a back-and-forth motion over the long bones and a circular motion over the joints.
• Use a clockwise circular motion to massage over the heart and over the abdomen.
• Massage the legs, using the same long motion over the leg bones and a circular motion over the joints.
• Last but not least, massage the feet.
• Use the open part of your hand to massage vigorously back-and-forth over the soles and give your toes special attention.
• Leave oil on for 2-20 minutes.
• Wash off in a warm bath or shower.
All oils are highly flammable. Thoroughly launder clothing or towels that have absorbed oil and dry on low heat to avoid a fire hazard. Towels left unattended with oil on them can spontaneously combust, causing a fire.
I enjoy this oil very much and so does my skin. Unlike some other oils that leave you feeling greasy this seems to soak into my skin leaving it soft and happy. Would really like it if the producer of the product would put something on the top of the bottle which word allow the oil to dispense onto your skin in an easier fashion then having to tip the whole bottle over into your hand and hope that you don’t spill it. Just a little piece of plastic like you find on the top of a lemon or lime juice bottle would be very helpful
Very nice quality oil for massage and other use. I purchased the large size and I’m delighted by the quality and the price. Thank you!
I bought a couple bottles of this oil for friends who are expecting for the first time and I wanted them to have a high-quality organic cured sesame oil to do at-home self-massages postpartum and also infant massages. It was difficult to find an organic sesame oil that had already been cured, but that was a must for me because I didn't want these new moms to have to bother with curing the oil just to do a home massage. Really thrilled to have found this oil.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.