Organic Vata Churna Calming Spice Mix
Elevate your favorite dishes with this organic, ready-to-use spice mixture full of flavor and exotic aroma! This calming blend features Ayurvedic super-spices like turmeric, ginger, and cumin to boost agni (digestive fire).
A churna is a spice mixture that satisfies all six Ayurvedic tastes (sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, and astringent) considered essential for balance.
• This delicious, balanced blend of spices is convenient—just shake and serve!
• Sauté the churna in ghee and add to your dishes; add some to soups, stews and sauces as they're cooking; or sprinkle over prepared vegetables or rice at the table.
• The synergy of spices work to calm Vata dosha, while stoking the digestive fire.
• USDA organic
Organic cumin, organic ginger, organic turmeric, organic sugarcane, organic fenugreek, organic hing asafetida, Himalayan salt.
Add to food during cooking. Keep on the table and add to prepared dishes at every meal. Mix in oil as a salad dressing. Sprinkle on popcorn for a gourmet treat.
- Key Ingredients
• Ginger is a warming spice, contributing to the pungent taste. It’s useful in aiding digestion, promoting appetite, and pacifying stomach issues.
• Turmeric is ubiquitous in Ayurvedic cooking. This all-around wonder spice is said to help detoxify the liver, promote healthy cholesterol levels (already within a normal range), stimulate digestion, and support immunity and the complexion.
• Cumin enhances digestion and helps flush toxins from the body.
• Fenugreek is a warming spice, and features bitter, pungent, and sweet tastes. It helps to stimulate digestion and nourishes the stomach. It's also beneficial for skin and hair.
Spices are not just great flavor enhancers—they come with therapeutic properties as well. Every meal that includes spices can become an experience in enhancing health and well-being. Our Organic Churnas are precise blends of spices and seasonings that include all six Ayurvedic tastes to promote balance.
Ayurveda, the ancient system of healing from India, has been singing the praises of spices as "wonder foods" for thousands of years. Spices are ingredients in many synergistic Ayurvedic herbal formulations, and an Ayurvedic expert, when giving you advice, is as likely to recommend specific spices to include in your diet as to suggest herbal supplements for you to take.
For thousands of years, Ayurvedic experts have used herb-and-spice mixtures to help harmonize the mind and balance the body. When creating our three dosha-balancing churnas—Organic Vata Churna Calming Spice Mix, Organic Pitta Churna Cooling Spice Mix, and Organic Kapha Churna Stimulating Spice Mix—we worked closely with Ayurvedic vaidyas (experts) who recommended tasty, balancing blends. Enjoy our collection of delicious churnas on your meals whenever you need calming, cooling, or stimulating.
I’ve been introduced to the dosha spices 30 years ago by a friend in my home country. When I immigrated to Canada 25 years ago, the dosha spices- especially the vata, was on my Christmas wish list every year, because I do not only rely on their medicine, but love the taste and in the rural area I moved to I had no access locally or even now I’ve been introduced to the closest shopping location. To me and my now grown children the dosha spices are an essential part of our daily meals from breakfast to dinner and we are grateful and blessed by their benefits.
The Vata churna is fresh, aromatic and delicious. I use it in addition to the other healthy spices or alone.
I've been using this perhaps experimentally in addition to the benefits seen by the Vata-heavy family member I get this for; I add it to my coffee to counter the vata and pitta aggravating effects. The effect has been PHENOMENALLY palpable.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.