Why we love this recipe
A teaspoon or two of this sweet, tart chutney can help stoke the fires of your agni (digestive fire) and make your meal more delicious.
This recipe contains five of the six Ayurvedic tastes and is also rich in nutrients like Vitamin C—a natural antioxidant that boosts natural immunity. According to Ayurveda, fruits promote ojas, the finest by-product of digestion.
- 2 apples, seeded peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ grated lemon rind plus juice of ¼ lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and then simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Explore more Ayurvedic recipes.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.