- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of basmati rice
- 4 cups of whole organic milk
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons of cashews or pistachios (unshelled)
- 3 small pieces of green cardamom, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or agave syrup (or to taste)
- Toasted coconut or Organic Rose Petal Spread
- Rinse the rice and soak in water for 2 hours. Boil milk. Drain the rice and add to milk with all other ingredients.
- Boil slowly for 30 minutes or more until the mixture reaches a slightly thick consistency, but you can stir it easily.
- It will thicken a little more when you let it cool.
- Garnish with toasted coconut or Organic Rose Petal Spread for added sweetness and Pitta pacification.
Keep on topic
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.