- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- 4 celery stalks (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1½ cups of basmati rice
- 3¼ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Pitta Churna
- ¼ cup of golden raisins
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of dried apricots (chopped)
- ½ cup of pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Melt the ghee in a saucepan and add the Organic Pitta Churna.
- Fry lightly and add the rice. Stir continuously and coat the rice in the spices for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add chopped celery, salt and water. Bring to a rollicking boil and add all the dried fruit to the mixture.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover tightly for 20 minutes.
- After the time is up, remove from heat and stir in the pecan pieces and the fresh ground pepper to taste.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.