- 1 cup of basmati rice
- ¼ cup of shelled green peas
- ½ cup of green beans, strung and diced
- ½ cup of diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon of chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Pitta Churna
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice for 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee and fry the ginger. Add the Organic Pitta Churna and fry for about ½ minute on low heat.
- Add the raw rice and sauté for several minutes until it is well coated with the ghee and spices.
- Now add the vegetables and fry for several more minutes. Add the water, bay leaf, and cardamom. Stir again and then bring water to a boil.
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat until the rice has absorbed the water. Add salt to taste.
- Place rice in a serving bowl and sprinkle lime juice over it. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Rice — A Sweet, Sattvic Ayurvedic Delight
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.