- 3 cups of basmati rice
- 6 cups of water
- ½ cup of cashews
- ⅓ cup of lemon juice
- 10 to 15 (or 1 stalk) curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of asafoetida
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of coriander (cilantro) leaves, freshly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons of ghee
- Wash rice thoroughly. Add water and boil on high flame, covered.
- When rice comes to a boil, reduce heat to low flame for 10 minutes, and then turn flame off.
- In a separate saucepan, add ghee and heat over medium flame until hot.
- Add cashews and stir until slightly golden. Then remove the cashews from the ghee with a spoon and put into rice. Leave ghee in a saucepan.
- Keep ghee in a saucepan over medium heat and add mustard seeds. Wait until seeds pop.
- Add turmeric, asafoetida, curry leaves, and salt.
- Pour onto rice and cashews. Add lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with freshly-chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves.
Keep on topic
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.