- 3 pears, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over pears
- 4 tablespoons of ginger preserve
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of quick-cooking rolled oats
- ⅔ cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of ghee or butter
- In a medium saucepan, combine the first 3 ingredients and bring to a low simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and fold in room-temperature ghee or butter in order to create a crumb-like texture when stirred together well.
- Separate the mixture into two equal portions. Press half of the mixture into a 5 x 9-inch baking pan which is approximately 4 inches deep. Make a smooth crust-like layer covering the entire bottom.
- Remove the pear mixture from the stove and pour over the first layer of crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top of the fruit layer and bake uncovered in a preheated oven at 350 °F for 40 minutes.
- Cool on a rack until the mixture has settled solidly into the pan.
Keep on topic
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.