Why we love this recipe
In Ayurveda, roses are renowned for their cooling effect on the mind, body, and emotions. This delicious Rose Petal Cookie recipe calls for our Organic Rose Petal Spread, which has a cooling, soothing effect on the whole body.
Roses and Ayurveda
Roses are used widely in Ayurvedic formulas, teas, aromas, and cooking. Because they have a sweet, fragrant, floral taste and fragrance, roses are soothing and cooling to fiery Pitta dosha. They also balance Sadhaka Pitta, the subdosha of Pitta that governs the heart and emotions.
Favorite rose recipes
Rose is a signature ingredient in deliciously cooling desserts like our Organic Rose Halva. You can also use the petals in sauces (try this recipe for Rose Petal Sauce) or in beverages like Rose Petal Milk.
Our refreshing Rose Petal Thirst Quencher makes a great beverage for summertime, when temperatures soar and Pitta dosha predominates in the mind and body. Our Sweet Rose Petal Lassi is another great option. This probiotic beverage is made with yogurt (and is best consumed at lunchtime as a digestive aid). While you’re at it, dress up your greens with our Rose-Coconut Salad Dressing.
Other easy ways to use roses in Ayurveda
Our Organic Rose Petal Spread cookies are a Valentine’s Day favorite! They’re easy to make and quick to bake.
- ½ cup of organic ghee
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Rose Water
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup of Organic Rose Petal Spread
- Cream the ghee and sugar together. Add the rose water and flour. Mix.
- Roll into balls the size of a walnut.
- Place on the cookie sheet and flatten by making an indentation in the center of each ball with your thumb.
- Add a half teaspoon of Organic Rose Petal Spread to each cookie to fill the indentation. Bake at 350 °F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the rack before serving.
Love our Rose Petal Cookies recipe? Learn more about balancing your heart, skin, and emotions with rose.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.