Enjoy the health benefits of broccoli with this delicious ayurvedic recipe for broccoli rice casserole. Eating fresh, home-cooked foods is a great way to promote vibrant health and longevity.
- 5 medium broccoli crowns (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Vata Churna
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 2¼ cups of water
- 2 ribs of celery (chopped bite size)
- 7 ounces of vegetable broth
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lightly fry the Organic Vata Churna in ghee in a small saucepan and add the rice and water.
- Boil rice, covered tightly for five minutes in the water. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish as the first layer.
- Add chopped celery and broccoli and pour the vegetable broth over the top. Cover and bake at 400° F for 25 minutes.
- When done, remove cover and season with salt and pepper.
Keep on topic
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.