Cream of coconut is a delicious alternative to dairy milk or cream in sauces.
- 1 cup of coconut milk (combine cream of coconut with a little water to obtain thick coconut milk)
- ½ teaspoon of crushed fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon of mild green chili, seeded and sliced (if trying to balance Kapha)
- ½ cup of fresh organic corn
- ½ teaspoon of brown mustard seeds
- 1 pinch of asafetida
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add asafetida and brown mustard seeds.
- As soon as the mustard seeds start popping, add the green chili, ginger and corn and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until corn is tender.
- Add the chopped cilantro, season and stir. Serve over cooked basmati rice with lemon wedges for garnish.
Keep on topic
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.