In Ayurvedic practice, fruits are best consumed alone and cooked to get the most benefit. This light and detoxifying winter citrus makes the perfect breakfast or even dessert for a delicious dish that boosts immunity and helps to detox during the winter month for Vata and Kapha doshas.
Grapefruit is rich in vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants and helps to cleanse and detox the whole system, stimulating digestion and bile production. In deep winter, we can begin to introduce some more purgative ingredients to help prepare our bodies for the coming Spring season and begin to move stagnant energy.
The addition of raw honey adds a touch of grounding sweetness and immune-boosting properties, while cinnamon and cardamom help to additionally warm and stimulate the system.
Pacifies VK, may aggravate P.
- As many grapefruit as desired
- 1 tablespoon honey per serving
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice grapefruit in half and sprinkle with spices. Set on a baking tray and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before drizzling honey and additional spices, if desired.
Follow this recipe, step by step, over on our Youtube Channel